Saturday, May 26, 2007

Giraffes!!

When I arrived in Nairobi, I realized I had 8 hours before my flight to Kisumu, so I hired a taxi for the day. We went to the national park that borders Nairobi. I didn’t see a whole lot, though we did see some giraffe and impala very close.


My driver decided I needed to see more, so he took me to a place called Giraffe Center, where there is a population of rare Rothschild giraffes. They have built a raised pavilion, and the giraffes will come over and eat out of your hand.

They’ve also trained them to take a pellet that you have placed between your lips for a “giraffe kiss”. Now, giraffes have incredibly long, black tongues….

Fortunately, they are not slobbery…..
Are fairly dextrous about it…..
And have reasonably good breath!
And a kiss from a baby!
Sorry, the food is all gone!





No comments: