Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tahoua 5

In the village of Dan Doutchi with one of the teams - we made the painful 50 km drive over almost trackless scrub, sand, and rocks twice!A woman in the village preparing millet - removing it from the stalks with her bare hands in the hot sun. After that, she will separate the grains from the chaff, and then pound it. Talk about a woman's work being never done!

Me with some of the women and children in the village - in the first picture they were all looking at me and it was pretty funny, but we finally got them to look at the camera. People in Niger seem to really like having their picture taken, and it was especially fun to be able to show them their picture on my camera. These gals were especially tickled that I wanted to be in the picture with them.

And of course you get scores of kids following you around - couldn't resist sharing this picture!
I thought this little girl was just gorgeous - took me a while to get her picture.



No comments: