Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thanksgiving!

Yes, these were my feet at Thanksgiving! I drove down to Florida for Thanksgiving to visit my friend Lee, who lives not too far from Destin, Florida. It was spectacular! One afternoon, I took a walk down the beach several miles to the town of Seaside, where "The Truman Show" was filmed....Bought some fresh seafood and made Lee and Dave my favorite shrimp and my favorite mussels..... Read on the balcony......

Sunrise off the balcony in front of my room - Lee's house is the kind of place that beckons you into conversation with God. Who can wake up to a view like that in the morning and not feel compelled to say hi (and thank you) to God?

At sunset, Lee, her son Dave (who was there from the Navy base in Pensacola), and I would haul wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers up the turret to the top balcony for happy hour and sunset watching. This is Dave and me.

Lee and Dave at happy hour in the evening sun

The last rays of the setting sun...I hope to be back!








No comments: