Tuesday, October 02, 2007

August

In August, I was pretty much grounded to Atlanta, which helped me get a lot of work done and settle into my new place. Oh - that's right! When I got back to Atlanta from India, I decided to move to a new place, the next day heard from a friend about the condo she was trying to rent out, looked at it that day, told her I'd take it the next, and she and some other friends helped me move the following day! I really like my new place - I don't have a roommate, and I have space to put everything where I want it. It really feels like me!


The next weekend, I went to Nashville to hang out with my best friend from residency, Sherstin, and her boyfriend James. Some of you have heard about their struggles this year - they were in a terrible accident this spring in Colorado. Sherstin is getting close to normal again, although James still has at least another surgery and still has a ways to go. He is at home and still much fun to hang out with! Here are Sherstin and James.
And me and Sherstin - together again! For Labor Day weekend, I went to Kentucky with my friend Meredith, to spend the weekend with her family at the lake. I tried water skiing for the first time, and under Meredith's patient tutelage, got up for a few seconds at a time! I think I'll do better next time. I also tried tubing, which was a blast. Being little, you don't have a lot of weight to stay on the tube when you hit a wave, but I manged to cling to the tube for dear life unless I was launched into the air. :) It was incredibly fun!!
Meredith and her nephew clowning around.



:)

No comments: