Monday, December 10, 2007

Another 2 weeks back in the US in November

Except for August, during 2007 I have had no more than 2 weeks at a time back in the office, and this pattern will continue at least through January.
I had a day to catch up with Ed after getting back from Madagascar before heading out to Philadelphia for the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene conference. Here I am with the poster I presented on the results of my work in Niger.Ed was in Connecticut on business that week, so one evening he drove in to New York City and I took the train, and we met for dinner. My friends thought going all the way to NYC just for dinner was crazy, but it was a fun adventure, with great memories! Here we are on Times Square.We made a last minute decision to go to Nashville for Thanksgiving, and my hair dresser had invited us for dinner when I called to find out about getting my hair cut. We had a good down home middle Tennessee Thanksgiving dinner! I also showed Ed one of my favorite things in Nashville - the gardens of Opryland Hotel, all done up for Christmas. And we had a great time with some of my old friends from residency!

We drove back to Atlanta Saturday after Thanksgiving, and on Sunday afternoon, I left for Cameroon to visit my family and be part of the dedication of the Vute New Testament!

No comments: