Monday, December 10, 2007

Going to Cameroon to visit my family

I went back to Cameroon Novemer 26 to December 7 to take part in the dedication of the Vute New Testament. My parents started the translation way back in 1973, and worked on until 1983. Another team took over in the very early 1990s, and it's finally done, checked, verified, type set, printed, and ready to be dedicated!
It was so much fun to be with my family, and see a lot of old places! This is one of the centers in Yaounde, and we lived in this house (lower right unit) in 1983-84, during the coup d'etat.
My mom and Ruthie Clark, a wonderful person I met back in 1996, before my parents returned to Cameroon. I knew my parents would love Ruthie and her husband Scott (my dad and Scott have similar passion and vision), and am so glad they have met (and I was right, by the way). My dad and Scott work closely, and my sister now works with Ruthie.
I spent a good deal of time with my sister Christy and her kids, as well as my parents. Here is Jessica in the kiddie pool in her new swimsuit from Aunt Julie!
And Casey, who looks SO much like my dad at that age!
My family has a tradition of celebrating Advent by lighting the candle for each week, reading the Scripture, and singing carols each Sunday of advent. Here we all are, thanks to the automatic timer. (Paul, my brother in law, was at a conference in Kenya.)


No comments: