Monday, December 10, 2007

The dedication ceremony

We all assembled early Sunday morning to be in our places, but as usual, there were some last minute preparations. :) This included trucking the benches over from the church for the spectators. The grandstand, which was built by hand the previous week!The mixed Catholic and Protestant choir marching in My parents sitting in their places - I'm so proud of them!!
Me sitting in my place, with some of the other members of Wycliffe that came for the dedication.I must really have been enjoying something!The dedication ceremony lasted 5 hours, with many speakers, and the choir performed many songs.
Pastor Songsare expounding - and speaking out against corruption and lack of leadership.My dad and Jim Maxey both gave short speeches in Vute, and the people absolutely loved it!!
Jim Maxey and the two Vute men who worked most closely with him on the translation.The translation was a huge team effort - my family, the Maxeys, Pere Michel, and numerous Vute people who worked on it with them all. Everyone involved in the translation was presented with a certificate and a New Testament. Here my parents receive their certificate...
...and their New Testaments!I bought mine in the "auction" to help the Bible Society raise money. This guy was one of my classmates in the village preschool. Bibiane helped by mom cook, clean, and take care of us, and considers me one of her own kids. She's an amazing woman!Aline is Bibiane's daughter - we grew up playing together, so I guess that makes her my sister. The little girl is Aline's other sister's daughter. :)

No comments: